English | Svenska
The art association Skånska konstmuseum was started in 1861. At the time, the organization was run by employees at the Department of Art History, sometimes in collaboration with AF, Akademiska Föreningen. The art collection currently held by AF was collected during this time.
During the 1970’s, Skånska konstmuseum was closed for several years, but was then re-opened by students in 1981 and given the new name ‘Pictura’. Since then, both the gallery and Pictura’s other projects has been run entirely by students.
During Pictura’s history, several famous names have exhibited in the gallery, such as Pablo Picasso, Edvard Munch, Henri Matisse, Marc Chagall, Siri Derkert, Bengt Orup, Imaginisterna (CO Hultén, Gösta Kriland, Anders Österlin), Olle Baertling, Gösta Adrian Nilsson (GAN), Ola Billgren, Gert Aspelin, KG Nilson, Sture Johannesson, Kjartan Slettemark, Situationister / Drakabygget (Jørgen Nash, Hardy Strid, Jens Jørgen Thorsen), Ib Geertsen, Wallda-gruppen (Stig Sjölund, Max Book, Eva Löfdahl), Dorthe Dahlin, Vassil Simittchiev, Carlos Capelán, Marianne Andersson, Björn Stern, Leif Holmstrand, Petter Pettersson, Jonas Liveröd, and Cecilia Westerberg.
Some of our previous members have also moved on to work professionaly with art, such as Oscar Reutersvärd, Elisabet Haglund (Skissernas museum), Åsa Nacking (Lunds konsthall), John Peter Nilsson (Moderna museet), Eva-Lena Tholin (Anders Tornberg Gallery, Elastic Gallery), Emma Reichert och Elena Tzotzi (Signal), Marianna Garin (freelance) and Susanne Lindblad (Tjörnedala Konsthall).